- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals September 28, 2019Cryodrakon boreas, from the Azhdarchid group of pterosaurs (often incorrectly called ‘pterodactyls’), was a flying reptile with a wingspan of up to 10 metres which lived during the Cretaceous period around 77 million years ago. Its remains were discovered 30 … Continue reading →
- Fancy & freaky fucking footwear! August 31, 2019Along with some other lower limb oddities.
- My Building Museum July 29, 2019After my HASF posters post I received several requests for views of the rest of the building. Since I became manager in the 1990s I have turned it into a museum of San Francisco & California memorabilia. The tour starts … Continue reading →
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair Posters July 25, 2019Today I finally got around to hanging up my rather extensive Haight Ashbury Street Fair poster collection. Every year the Fair holds a contest to select the poster and the artist gets $500. I also included a couple of … Continue reading →
- For Sale: 1939 Porsche Type 64 July 8, 20191939 Porsche Type 64 RM | Sotheby’s – MONTEREY 15 – 17 AUGUST 2019 A strive for technological advancement in motor car performance drove the motorsport industry in the 1920s and 1930s, resulting in some of the most iconic race … Continue reading →
- Scored a Righteous T @ Haight Ashbury Today July 6, 2019
- San Francisco MUNI in the 1970s June 28, 2019When I moved here in 1976 I was dating a woman who lived on Russian Hill and after being fortunate enough to spend the night with her I would take the cable car to my job near Union Square. I … Continue reading →
- TAKE LSD AND SEE 💡 June 28, 2019This concrete parking strip on Haight Street near Masonic Ave was installed in 1968. As part of the new improvement plan the section with this graffiti was removed and tomorrow it will likely be demolished. To take a few last pictures … Continue reading →
- An Ex-Army Medic’s Collection June 19, 2019
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian June 15, 2019A 1,200-mile-wide crater on the far side of the moon was formed when a huge asteroid with a heavy metal core smashed into the lunar surface billions of years ago. When that happened, the asteroid drilled through layers of the … Continue reading →
- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals September 28, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Tag Archives: Creativity
Along with some other lower limb oddities.
I see what you did there.
As part of the renovation and improvement of Masonic Avenue, a welcome project for me since I regularly bicycle on it and enjoy its newly smooth surface and separated bike lanes, there has been installed this delightful bit of public … Continue reading
From Runiverse, a sort of Russian Google Books: Dear users! Again we present you the “Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron”. We carried out work to restore the integrity of the publication. The volumes XXVIIa and XXVIII, dedicated to Russia, and also … Continue reading
When Alfred Stieglitz found out that his protégé Georgia O’Keeffe had accepted a commission to paint the women’s powder room at Radio City Music Hall without his approval he was furious. Having met Diego Rivera and his wife Frieda … Continue reading
Kubrick’s 1950 still of a young woman, with her back to the camera, holding a lipstick with which she has written “I HATE LOVE” on a white fence. If captured on the wing, would it be more of a … Continue reading
I bought this beautiful oil lantern in Thailand many years ago and have never used it. I believe it is designed for outside use (inside it would create soot and CO). I’ve used a flickering LED pumpkin light in it … Continue reading
In late 2013, Bahar Behbahani began a series of paintings inspired by her contemplation of identity. She first came to the United States from Iran in 2003. For a while, she moved between Tehran and the United States, then relocated … Continue reading
Does everyone want to kill Bruce Willis? It sure seems like it. Pierre-Alexandre Chauvat hilariously edited together 53 different movies to make it seem like various characters from movies like Duel, The Bourne Ultimatum, Pulp Fiction, Hot Fuzz, Mad Max: Fury Road and many more are out … Continue reading