- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals September 28, 2019Cryodrakon boreas, from the Azhdarchid group of pterosaurs (often incorrectly called ‘pterodactyls’), was a flying reptile with a wingspan of up to 10 metres which lived during the Cretaceous period around 77 million years ago. Its remains were discovered 30 … Continue reading →
- Fancy & freaky fucking footwear! August 31, 2019Along with some other lower limb oddities.
- My Building Museum July 29, 2019After my HASF posters post I received several requests for views of the rest of the building. Since I became manager in the 1990s I have turned it into a museum of San Francisco & California memorabilia. The tour starts … Continue reading →
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair Posters July 25, 2019Today I finally got around to hanging up my rather extensive Haight Ashbury Street Fair poster collection. Every year the Fair holds a contest to select the poster and the artist gets $500. I also included a couple of … Continue reading →
- For Sale: 1939 Porsche Type 64 July 8, 20191939 Porsche Type 64 RM | Sotheby’s – MONTEREY 15 – 17 AUGUST 2019 A strive for technological advancement in motor car performance drove the motorsport industry in the 1920s and 1930s, resulting in some of the most iconic race … Continue reading →
- Scored a Righteous T @ Haight Ashbury Today July 6, 2019
- San Francisco MUNI in the 1970s June 28, 2019When I moved here in 1976 I was dating a woman who lived on Russian Hill and after being fortunate enough to spend the night with her I would take the cable car to my job near Union Square. I … Continue reading →
- TAKE LSD AND SEE 💡 June 28, 2019This concrete parking strip on Haight Street near Masonic Ave was installed in 1968. As part of the new improvement plan the section with this graffiti was removed and tomorrow it will likely be demolished. To take a few last pictures … Continue reading →
- An Ex-Army Medic’s Collection June 19, 2019
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian June 15, 2019A 1,200-mile-wide crater on the far side of the moon was formed when a huge asteroid with a heavy metal core smashed into the lunar surface billions of years ago. When that happened, the asteroid drilled through layers of the … Continue reading →
- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals September 28, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Tag Archives: Flowers
From Runiverse, a sort of Russian Google Books: Dear users! Again we present you the “Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron”. We carried out work to restore the integrity of the publication. The volumes XXVIIa and XXVIII, dedicated to Russia, and also … Continue reading
In late 2013, Bahar Behbahani began a series of paintings inspired by her contemplation of identity. She first came to the United States from Iran in 2003. For a while, she moved between Tehran and the United States, then relocated … Continue reading
In the 1980s NASA joined forces with the Associated Contractors of America (ALCA), to determine the most effective indoor plants for removing toxic agents from the air. The study, led by Dr. B. C. Wolverton, found that some plants were effective … Continue reading
Colors from the Planet Earth and Beyond Of all the ones I’ve seen, this planet is still my favorite.
A rescued cactus has bloomed. I’ll add pictures as it opens.