- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian June 15, 2019A 1,200-mile-wide crater on the far side of the moon was formed when a huge asteroid with a heavy metal core smashed into the lunar surface billions of years ago. When that happened, the asteroid drilled through layers of the … Continue reading →
- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019(click on photo to enlarge and zoom) Source: Shorpy Historic Picture Archive :: Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 high-resolution photo
- GoLo or Go Homies May 21, 2019I found this Lowrider Magazine trophy on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in front of the Gap (which closed in 2007) and when David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019Tempting but I’m afraid that it would be too big for my suitcase and I’m pretty sure they won’t let me take it as a carry-on.
- Huancayo, Peru January 28, 2019My destination, Huancayo, is 10,692ft/3,259m above sea level. I live about 260ft/83m above it. I have altitude sickness meds and know about mata de coca but I’m still concerned. I had infantile asthma and even when I ran long distance … Continue reading →
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally Simon Rodia’s amazing sculptures in person. They’re undergoing major restoration so we couldn’t get in but I still enjoyed them.
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally see
- Free Coffee for TSA January 25, 2019Today I bought a 30 cup catering container to give to the TSA folks who are being forced to work without pay
- Homies Go Low January 24, 2019I found this 2001 trophy from Lowrider Clothing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury on my way to work many years ago. When David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Norman Just Wants You to Be Clean January 23, 2019
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian June 15, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Tag Archives: Humor
I see what you did there.
With the exception of the wooden stash pipe at the bottom that I bought at the Psychedelic Shop soon after my arrival in San Francisco in 1976, everything including the flag, in this display was found (or given to me) … Continue reading
More vertically exciting images, .gifs, and this video: Some of these made my heart pound a bit: I generally don’t include rock climbers or parachutists because they usually have safety equipment on and are safe. It’s the free climbers and … Continue reading
Oleg Sherstyachenko is clearly missing the part of his brain that in the rest of us keeps us, if not earthbound, certainly well away from the edge of precipices that might mean our doom. I was unable to watch any … Continue reading
I just finished watching this exquisite little movie and want to share it with the world. I imagine you will too: <p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/159449591″>Curmudgeons</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/jersey2ndave”>Jersey 2nd Avenue</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
Yeah, just like these equally fine-tuned machines: Compiled by YouTube user 4feitDgam3 (Forfeit The Game)
Won’t this fucking year EVER be over? Even science seems to have joined in to make this horrendous year a little bit worse: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161228213356.htm Charlie Brooker is a sarcastic and wonderfully British comic and in this video he disassembles this … Continue reading
Does everyone want to kill Bruce Willis? It sure seems like it. Pierre-Alexandre Chauvat hilariously edited together 53 different movies to make it seem like various characters from movies like Duel, The Bourne Ultimatum, Pulp Fiction, Hot Fuzz, Mad Max: Fury Road and many more are out … Continue reading
And some seasonal comics: And some general amusements: