This 5 ft. tall styrofoam-based, polyurethane-coated hammer sculpted by Sean Mason, artist and fellow Roberts employee, has replaced the old 2D plywood one on the front of the building:
- An Ex-Army Media’s Collection June 19, 2019
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian June 15, 2019A 1,200-mile-wide crater on the far side of the moon was formed when a huge asteroid with a heavy metal core smashed into the lunar surface billions of years ago. When that happened, the asteroid drilled through layers of the … Continue reading →
- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019(click on photo to enlarge and zoom) Source: Shorpy Historic Picture Archive :: Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 high-resolution photo
- GoLo or Go Homies May 21, 2019I found this Lowrider Magazine trophy on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in front of the Gap (which closed in 2007) and when David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019Tempting but I’m afraid that it would be too big for my suitcase and I’m pretty sure they won’t let me take it as a carry-on.
- Huancayo, Peru January 28, 2019My destination, Huancayo, is 10,692ft/3,259m above sea level. I live about 260ft/83m above it. I have altitude sickness meds and know about mata de coca but I’m still concerned. I had infantile asthma and even when I ran long distance … Continue reading →
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally Simon Rodia’s amazing sculptures in person. They’re undergoing major restoration so we couldn’t get in but I still enjoyed them.
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally see
- Free Coffee for TSA January 25, 2019Today I bought a 30 cup catering container to give to the TSA folks who are being forced to work without pay
- Homies Go Low January 24, 2019I found this 2001 trophy from Lowrider Clothing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury on my way to work many years ago. When David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow