- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019Tempting but I’m afraid that it would be too big for my suitcase and I’m pretty sure they won’t let me take it as a carry-on.
- Huancayo, Peru January 28, 2019My destination, Huancayo, is 10,692ft/3,259m above sea level. I live about 260ft/83m above it. I have altitude sickness meds and know about mata de coca but I’m still concerned. I had infantile asthma and even when I ran long distance … Continue reading →
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally Simon Rodia’s amazing sculptures in person. They’re undergoing major restoration so we couldn’t get in but I still enjoyed them.
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally see
- Free Coffee for TSA January 25, 2019Today I bought a 30 cup catering container to give to the TSA folks who are being forced to work without pay
- Homies Go Low January 24, 2019I found this 2001 trophy from Lowrider Clothing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury on my way to work many years ago. When David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Norman Just Wants You to Be Clean January 23, 2019
- Scientists Place Trump’s Face in Baboon Feces December 18, 2018I strongly suspect that it was revealed by the illustrator or the scientists who published the paper. What’s the point of a great prank if you’re the only one who knows about it. On 31 January 2018, Kenneth Chiou and … Continue reading →
- Wonderful Idea for Bus Drivers to Learn What it Feels Like to Be a Bicyclist October 26, 2018In Cariacica, Brazil, part of the bus driver training is to have the drivers ride on a stationary bike while a bus zooms by them at top speed, to give them a sense of how cyclists feel. What a brilliant … Continue reading →
- Coca-Cola May Make Marijuana-Infused Drinks After Partnering With Cannabis Company: Report September 17, 2018Wanna get high on Coke? Back in the 60s one of the most enduring urban myths was that Big Brands, Inc (take your pick of which one) had trademarked/copyrighted/registered the name Panama Red/Acapulco Gold/Thai Stick (pick your popular choice). Fifty … Continue reading →
- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Tag Archives: Photograph
Letters from Jerry Garcia to Kim Alexis, 1982 In the summer of 1982 Grateful Dead vocalist Jerry Garcia (August 1, 1942 – August 9, 1995) wrote a letter to Vogue cover model Kim Alexis who he’d met in New York. The letter is in two … Continue reading
One of the world’s greatest collection of WW2 armor and support vehicles is to be broken up and sold this September 18th. French tank specialist and enthusiast, Patrick Nerrant started building his collection of armored vehicles from the Second World War … Continue reading
This is the original flyer that reportedly appeared on a few doorsteps in the Haight: A day later this appeared on poles up and down Haight Street: I think I’m in love with the Loyal White Lady Ally of the Haight! … Continue reading
Most of these are in my screensaver file, a nice reminder that this is a very lovely universe.
Here’s a collection of .gifs and images in honor of Star Wars Day. Starting with a bit of Daisy Ridley’s rather serious workout routine prior to filming: And here, my Jedlings, is a virtual sarlacc pit of related images:
These images were collected for my QR mural on Masonic Ave at Haight. Here’s a Google Street View shot of me at work on it: I generated the QR code at this site, a QR code generator that was a gift to the Internet … Continue reading
Like this 1905 image from Sutro Heights: They started with 1200+ of the Richmond District, Ocean Beach, and Sutro Heights but the total collection (the gift of an anonymous donor) that they are in the process of scanning and uploading is … Continue reading
Photo by Terry Steeley In 5 weeks I’ll be in the Yucatan and diving in a cenote is on my must list of things to do there. Here’s the photographer’s description of this magical image: “Timed right, diving a cenote … Continue reading
If you have never explored the wondrous world of GigaPan you simply must. It uses a proprietary software to stitch together long exposure digital panorama photos in incredible detail. You can pan and zoom in on things many meters away using the … Continue reading
Beautiful women of years past