- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019(click on photo to enlarge and zoom) Source: Shorpy Historic Picture Archive :: Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 high-resolution photo
- GoLo or Go Homies May 21, 2019I found this Lowrider Magazine trophy on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in front of the Gap (which closed in 2007) and when David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019Tempting but I’m afraid that it would be too big for my suitcase and I’m pretty sure they won’t let me take it as a carry-on.
- Huancayo, Peru January 28, 2019My destination, Huancayo, is 10,692ft/3,259m above sea level. I live about 260ft/83m above it. I have altitude sickness meds and know about mata de coca but I’m still concerned. I had infantile asthma and even when I ran long distance … Continue reading →
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally Simon Rodia’s amazing sculptures in person. They’re undergoing major restoration so we couldn’t get in but I still enjoyed them.
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally see
- Free Coffee for TSA January 25, 2019Today I bought a 30 cup catering container to give to the TSA folks who are being forced to work without pay
- Homies Go Low January 24, 2019I found this 2001 trophy from Lowrider Clothing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury on my way to work many years ago. When David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Norman Just Wants You to Be Clean January 23, 2019
- Scientists Place Trump’s Face in Baboon Feces December 18, 2018I strongly suspect that it was revealed by the illustrator or the scientists who published the paper. What’s the point of a great prank if you’re the only one who knows about it. On 31 January 2018, Kenneth Chiou and … Continue reading →
- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I see what you did there.
Mostly comics but a bunch of other things I’ve found amusing.
With the exception of the wooden stash pipe at the bottom that I bought at the Psychedelic Shop soon after my arrival in San Francisco in 1976, everything including the flag, in this display was found (or given to me) … Continue reading
From NYU IN Applied Psychology. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
HEAVENLY BODIES: FASHION AND THE CATHOLIC IMAGINATION THE COSTUME INSTITUTE’S SPRING 2018 EXHIBITION at MoMA, NY Imagination, on view from May 10 through October 8, 2018 is on view at The Met Fifth Avenue—in the medieval galleries. The thematic exhibition features a … Continue reading
Turn the above into that which is below: About 2.5 Liters of Meyer lemon juice Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
For a limited time the finalists for the 2018 Haight Ashbury Street Fair posters will be in the window of RVCA at the corner of Haight and Ashbury for people to go in and vote for. #1, the only hand-drawn … Continue reading
An Austrian auction house is currently conducting a sale of an amazing variety of antique scientific instruments that even if you can’t afford them, are delightful to explore. Here’s a few of the items: There are over 162 items to … Continue reading
Today’s Sunday paper has a 32 page magazine dedicated to marijuana. Printed on polished newsprint, the magazine covers the heath effects, the consumption, sale, and cultivation of the ‘Yerba Buena.’It’s ads: are quite expensive-looking. In a time of shrinking newspaper … Continue reading
I am very proud of the letter I got back from Dr Hawking when I sent him a copy of my black velvet portrait of him: He once said: “It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t … Continue reading