The owner of this home that was numbers built I’m the 1600s invited me in to look around at the renovation.
As the blocks on the corner and the door jamb and lintel show, it was not only the Church that disassembled the Mayan cities.
A guide told me that oftentimes these renovations find stones with Mayan glyphs on the hidden side.
Using classical buildings as quarries has happened throughout the world. The Great Wall, the Pyramids of Giza, the Parthenon, and the Coliseum, and countless others have been used by successors to build newer cities.
The Truthiness Shall Set You Freak
- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals
- Fancy & freaky fucking footwear!
- My Building Museum
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair Posters
- For Sale: 1939 Porsche Type 64
- Scored a Righteous T @ Haight Ashbury Today
- San Francisco MUNI in the 1970s
- TAKE LSD AND SEE 💡
- An Ex-Army Medic’s Collection
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow