I imagine that Diego & Frida would be spinning in whatever afterlife exists for commie atheists if they saw the stores next door.
The cultural imperialism represented by Starbucks would be bad enough but the store to its right bears the name of the guy who designed the Nazi & Wehrmacht uniforms.
To their credit, Hugo Boss acknowledged their complicity and use of slave labor to manufacture the uniforms soon after the war (unlike Ford, IT&T, IBM, Coca-Cola, and a bunch of other Murrikan companies)
The Truthiness Shall Set You Freak
- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals
- Fancy & freaky fucking footwear!
- My Building Museum
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair Posters
- For Sale: 1939 Porsche Type 64
- Scored a Righteous T @ Haight Ashbury Today
- San Francisco MUNI in the 1970s
- TAKE LSD AND SEE 💡
- An Ex-Army Medic’s Collection
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow