I just walked a little over 2km to a UPS store that doesn’t open before the crack of noon. (I’m shipping a bunch of heavy stuff home)
But the great thing about running errands in a strange city is that every one becomes a voyage of discovery.
Along with various doors and art and old buildings, today I came upon this fantastic piece of commissioned art.
From a distance I could not tell what the puffy things covering it were. Only upon approach did I see that they are hundreds of planters. One of the most brilliant and beautiful works of public art I have ever seen. And once again I am reminded how LAME San Francisco is in that department.
- Coca-Cola May Make Marijuana-Infused Drinks After Partnering With Cannabis Company: Report September 17, 2018Wanna get high on Coke? Back in the 60s one of the most enduring urban myths was that Big Brands, Inc (take your pick of which one) had trademarked/copyrighted/registered the name Panama Red/Acapulco Gold/Thai Stick (pick your popular choice). Fifty … Continue reading →
- Laughing gas may have given breath to life August 23, 2018If you’re of the opinion that Life has an inherent (and rather twisted) sense of humor, this may explain why- Laughing gas and the mystery of Carl Sagan’s Faint Young Sun Paradox: When the sun shone dimmer an eon ago, … Continue reading →
- The Igloo™ igloo July 24, 2018I see what you did there.
- Signs of the Times July 12, 2018As part of the renovation and improvement of Masonic Avenue, a welcome project for me since I regularly bicycle on it and enjoy its newly smooth surface and separated bike lanes, there has been installed this delightful bit of public … Continue reading →
- Someday Funnies XXI May 29, 2018Mostly comics but a bunch of other things I’ve found amusing.
- Detritus of Dope May 20, 2018With the exception of the wooden stash pipe at the bottom that I bought at the Psychedelic Shop soon after my arrival in San Francisco in 1976, everything including the flag, in this display was found (or given to me) … Continue reading →
- My Daughter Receiving Her Master’s Degree May 15, 2018From NYU IN Applied Psychology. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
- Costume Institute’s exhibition focuses on fashion and the Catholic imagination May 11, 2018HEAVENLY BODIES: FASHION AND THE CATHOLIC IMAGINATION THE COSTUME INSTITUTE’S SPRING 2018 EXHIBITION at MoMA, NY Imagination, on view from May 10 through October 8, 2018 is on view at The Met Fifth Avenue—in the medieval galleries. The thematic exhibition features a … Continue reading →
- How to tell EXACTLY how many cuts, scrapes, & scratches you have on your hands April 19, 2018Turn the above into that which is below: About 2.5 Liters of Meyer lemon juice Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
- Scientists accidentally create mutant enzyme… April 18, 2018Anyone who watches science fiction movies is undoubtedly familiar with some version of those words and it never ends well for humankind. But in real life sometimes it does. As Isaac Asimov once said, “The most exciting phrase to hear in science, … Continue reading →
- Coca-Cola May Make Marijuana-Infused Drinks After Partnering With Cannabis Company: Report September 17, 2018
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow