Score one for Ebenezer Scrooge!!

A fire that happened in a charity thrift store window in Bournemouth, Dorset, UK on Christmas day was caused by sunlight refracting through a snow globe that ignited ‘reindeer food’ and the fake snow material in their window display.

snow-globe-fire

Christmas dinner preparations were put on hold as occupants of neighbouring properties were evacuated.

But it was soon back to the turkey and stuffing as firefighters put the flames out within 10 minutes of arriving on the scene. Fire services said there was “severe fire damage to the shop window display, heat damage to the window and severe smoke damage to the entire shop.”

After the Christmas Day mishap, members of the public were warned to be vigilant about any snow globes they may have in their own homes (especially if you keep reindeer).

About Stan Flouride

THIS BLOG IS ALWAYS AD-FREE I make stuff and do things.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s