- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019(click on photo to enlarge and zoom) Source: Shorpy Historic Picture Archive :: Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 high-resolution photo
- GoLo or Go Homies May 21, 2019I found this Lowrider Magazine trophy on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in front of the Gap (which closed in 2007) and when David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Welding mask, about $8 February 17, 2019Tempting but I’m afraid that it would be too big for my suitcase and I’m pretty sure they won’t let me take it as a carry-on.
- Huancayo, Peru January 28, 2019My destination, Huancayo, is 10,692ft/3,259m above sea level. I live about 260ft/83m above it. I have altitude sickness meds and know about mata de coca but I’m still concerned. I had infantile asthma and even when I ran long distance … Continue reading →
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally Simon Rodia’s amazing sculptures in person. They’re undergoing major restoration so we couldn’t get in but I still enjoyed them.
- Watts Towers January 25, 2019Glad to finally see
- Free Coffee for TSA January 25, 2019Today I bought a 30 cup catering container to give to the TSA folks who are being forced to work without pay
- Homies Go Low January 24, 2019I found this 2001 trophy from Lowrider Clothing on the corner of Haight & Ashbury on my way to work many years ago. When David Gonzales’ ‘Homies’ first came out in the early Noughts I spent a small fortune collecting … Continue reading →
- Norman Just Wants You to Be Clean January 23, 2019
- Scientists Place Trump’s Face in Baboon Feces December 18, 2018I strongly suspect that it was revealed by the illustrator or the scientists who published the paper. What’s the point of a great prank if you’re the only one who knows about it. On 31 January 2018, Kenneth Chiou and … Continue reading →
- Pageant of Pulchritude: 1927 May 22, 2019
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow
Category Archives: Booze
It took student Jack Anderson about 2000 hours to create this wonderful short science fiction film. WIRE CUTTERS STUDENT ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE US STUDENT BAFTA NOMINEE VIMEO BEST OF THE MONTH SCREENED AT: Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Ottawa Film … Continue reading
Attention beer lovers: the National Museum of American History may have your dream job — traveling the country drinking brews, all expenses paid. The job, which pays $64,650 a year, is no joke. The Washington, DC-based museum, part of the … Continue reading