U.S. citizens used to have the option to add new visa pages to their passport, but as of January 1 new passports can contain only 28 or 52 pages. The restriction, which the Department of State says “was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards,” is thought to be motivated by concerns about visa fraud.But for Eric Oborski, the man who may own the world’s largest passport, January 1 wasn’t a day of mourning. His passport—which for now contains “only” 192 pages, nearly 100 more than the other contender for world’s largest—has now passed into the realm of hallowed relic.
- Wonderful Idea for Bus Drivers to Learn What it Feels Like to Be a Bicyclist October 26, 2018In Cariacica, Brazil, part of the bus driver training is to have the drivers ride on a stationary bike while a bus zooms by them at top speed, to give them a sense of how cyclists feel. What a brilliant … Continue reading →
- Coca-Cola May Make Marijuana-Infused Drinks After Partnering With Cannabis Company: Report September 17, 2018Wanna get high on Coke? Back in the 60s one of the most enduring urban myths was that Big Brands, Inc (take your pick of which one) had trademarked/copyrighted/registered the name Panama Red/Acapulco Gold/Thai Stick (pick your popular choice). Fifty … Continue reading →
- Laughing gas may have given breath to life August 23, 2018If you’re of the opinion that Life has an inherent (and rather twisted) sense of humor, this may explain why- Laughing gas and the mystery of Carl Sagan’s Faint Young Sun Paradox: When the sun shone dimmer an eon ago, … Continue reading →
- The Igloo™ igloo July 24, 2018I see what you did there.
- Signs of the Times July 12, 2018As part of the renovation and improvement of Masonic Avenue, a welcome project for me since I regularly bicycle on it and enjoy its newly smooth surface and separated bike lanes, there has been installed this delightful bit of public … Continue reading →
- Someday Funnies XXI May 29, 2018Mostly comics but a bunch of other things I’ve found amusing.
- Detritus of Dope May 20, 2018With the exception of the wooden stash pipe at the bottom that I bought at the Psychedelic Shop soon after my arrival in San Francisco in 1976, everything including the flag, in this display was found (or given to me) … Continue reading →
- My Daughter Receiving Her Master’s Degree May 15, 2018From NYU IN Applied Psychology. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
- Costume Institute’s exhibition focuses on fashion and the Catholic imagination May 11, 2018HEAVENLY BODIES: FASHION AND THE CATHOLIC IMAGINATION THE COSTUME INSTITUTE’S SPRING 2018 EXHIBITION at MoMA, NY Imagination, on view from May 10 through October 8, 2018 is on view at The Met Fifth Avenue—in the medieval galleries. The thematic exhibition features a … Continue reading →
- How to tell EXACTLY how many cuts, scrapes, & scratches you have on your hands April 19, 2018Turn the above into that which is below: About 2.5 Liters of Meyer lemon juice Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
- Wonderful Idea for Bus Drivers to Learn What it Feels Like to Be a Bicyclist October 26, 2018
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow