The living history museum of a henequen (or sisal) hacienda plantation.
Before plastics put them out of business almost overnight, the hundreds of these plantations made the Yucatán one of the richest places on earth.
This is the only one that has been restored to its glory days. Though everything works and my photos take you step by step through each stage of the process, it no longer produces commercially. So far, one of my favorite tours on this journey.
btw- the plant is called henequen but it was exported from the port of Sisal and thus labeled, giving it that now-common name.
The Truthiness Shall Set You Freak
- New flying reptile species was one of largest ever flying animals
- Fancy & freaky fucking footwear!
- My Building Museum
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair Posters
- For Sale: 1939 Porsche Type 64
- Scored a Righteous T @ Haight Ashbury Today
- San Francisco MUNI in the 1970s
- TAKE LSD AND SEE 💡
- An Ex-Army Medic’s Collection
- Astronomers Make Massive Discovery on the Far Side of the Moon | Smithsonian
Search this site
The San Francisco Bay slideshow